The content of the Institute for Credible Leadership Development (ICLD IV) was researched and field tested for over a period of more than 30 years in university and justice and public safety environments including police, corrections, customs, immigration, homeland security, and private security. It is based on the breakthrough book titled, Every Officer is A Leader: Coaching Leadership and Learning in Justice, Public Safety and Security Organizations (Revised 2nd Edition). The course was filmed at LAPD and piloted in collaboration with Deputy Chief Mark Perez and his Team of Leaders at the Los Angeles Police Department. This highly competent team was carefully selected to be able to demonstrate the skills involved in Credible Leadership throughout the course.
The breakthrough of this course is that officers are now able to take self-responsibility for mastering the 60 Skills that enable them to perform the 40 Tasks and Responsibilities that research has revealed are critical for leadership success in justice and public safety. Never before has professional leadership been so well-defined and distilled so that it is easily and quickly learned. The course is a research-based, online, performance enhancement learning process that equips leaders to express more empathic caring, be more ethically conscious, and more capable of developing themselves, other leaders, teams and organizations.
At the end of Phase, students will be able to achieve the following objectives in accordance with the information received in class:
- Understand self-management skills for personal development.
- Have the ability to build strength and maintain a grounded state of resilience even in a high-stress situation.
- Develop a command presence based on a deep inner sense of calm and stability.
- Understand your own natural style of communicating with others
- To understand and apply the four Facilitative Conditions: Genuineness, Empathy, Respect, and Specificity.
- Understand the difference between Coaching, Counseling, and Mentoring.
- Understand the importance of accessing the development and functioning levels of others.
- Become more capable of creating high-performance and high-morale teams.
- Understand how Versatility Skills help you to develop your own style and become more responsive to the unique and changing characteristics of individuals, teams, and organizations.